Pub Cheese Beer Soup
Cook Time: 5-60 minutes (totally dependent on if you use Butternut Squash)
3 containers of Trader Joe’s Pub Cheese (any flavor Sharp, Jalapeno or Horseradish)
1 bottle Sam Addams Octoberfest beer (or your favorite beer)
1 bag Trader Joe Cut Butternut Squash (you can leave out, but I like the additional flavor)
1T your favorite cooking oil (I used Trader Joe’s Ghee, but any oil would work fine)
4 “sprigs” of fresh Thyme (or you could use ½ tsp dried Thyme)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crushed pretzels, for garnish if desired
1. In a 1 ½ quart stock pot place your cooking oil over medium-high heat.
2. If you choose not to add the squash, skip the following three steps, but still add in the Thyme.
3. Add in the Butternut Squash and Thyme.
4. Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Cook about 15 minutes until squash has a lovely brown on most sides.
6. Turn down heat to medium-low.
7. Add in the three containers of Pub Cheese.
8. Stir and let it melt slightly.
9. Salt and Pepper to taste.
10. Add in the bottle of beer.
11. Stir to mix.
12. Let simmer until mixture is thoroughly blended together (anywhere from 20-30 minutes).
13. If you used the Butternut Squash, stick a fork into one of the cubes to be sure it is soft.
14. Garnish with crushed pretzels, if desired.
15. Serve and enjoy.