- ▢ 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ▢ 1 large egg
- ▢ 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ▢ 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ▢ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢ 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ▢ 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- ▢ 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Pound out the chicken breasts to an even thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add the Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder, and onion powder to a second bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken so that they adhere.
- Place chicken breasts evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken breasts reach 160 degrees.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
TIPS & NOTES:
For extra crispy chicken, preheat the sheet pan in the oven. Add melted butter to the baking dish instead of non-stick spray. Spray non-stick spray over the tops of the chicken breasts before baking.