A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- 4-6 boneless pork chops
- 2-3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh rosemary, minced, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place sliced apples in the bottom of a large baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Place pork chops on top of apple slices and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter and brown sugar, whisking until melted and incorporated, then stir in remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Also whisk in cornstarch, if using. (Cornstarch isn’t essential, only for if you want a thicker glaze.)
- Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices, then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and enjoy.