- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, minced (seeded if desired)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or canola oil, divided
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Step 1 Mix mango, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, vinegar, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2 Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High, until the squash is tender, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Step 3 Pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Step 4 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Step 5 When the squash is done, use a fork to scrape it from the shell into a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the squash with the chicken, topped with almonds and the mango salsa.
Serving Size: 3 Oz. Chicken, 1 Cup Squash & 1/2 Cup Salsa