Serves: 4 Prep: 5 min Cook: 30 min Total: 35 Cal: 441
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (3-4)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and sear until golden (about 4 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a plate, and set aside
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sundried tomatoes. spinach, and parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken breasts. Place in the oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through — about 15 minutes, or until it reaches 165F internal temperature. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if so desired.
I prefer the sun-dried tomatoes that are jarred in olive oil, instead of the kind that are packaged dry.