SERVES 4 to 6 Cal: 240 Low: 2 1/2 – 3 hours
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 medium)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or canned artichoke hearts, thawed or drained if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 medium shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 3 ounces baby spinach (about 3 packed cups)
- For serving: chopped fresh parsley leaves, cooked pearl couscous, extra-virgin olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts all over with the salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Slice the artichoke hearts in half lengthwise and add to the slow cooker. Scatter the garlic, shallot, and lemon wedges over the chicken and artichokes. Pour in the broth and wine.
- Cover and cook on the LOW setting until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish. Add the spinach to the slow cooker and toss with the artichokes and lemon. Transfer the vegetables to the serving dish. Serve over cooked pearl couscous and garnish with parsley, if desired.