Prep: 5 min Bake: 1 hr Total: 1 hr 5 min Servings: 16 slices Calories: 125 kcal
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon for topping
- 2 cups milk OR buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar OMIT IF USING BUTTERMILK
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the buttermilk add the milk and vinegar to a medium size bowl and stir.
- If using store bought buttermilk, omit the above step.
- Place all of the dry ingredients (except for the cheese to top the bread) into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour in the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until it’s a thick, lumpy and pasty consistency.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a loaf pan that has been liberally sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top the batter with the remaining Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 5 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.