- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water (may need to add 2 additional Tablespoons for higher altitudes)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and yeast. Add water and mix until a foamy wet mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12-18 hours. Overnight works best.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- When oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Set on top of parchment paper circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven and carefully drop in the dough with the parchment paper.
- Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.