Serves: 8 Cal: 393
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15.5 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained) 1 can
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes (drained) 1 can
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 cup whole grain rice
- In a large dutch oven, brown the ground beef, onion and minced garlic. Drain.
- Add in the taco seasoning and mix together.
- Add the beef stock, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, lime juice, salt, cilantro and rice.
- Bring this to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is done.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro if desired.