- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups leeks (sliced, 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only)
- 2 ounces prosciutto (chopped, 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds delicata squash (peeled and seeded, 8 cups or 3 lbs butternut squash, sliced, 8 cups)
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth (or 2/3 cup vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 cups Fontina cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 400. Spray 11×7-inch ceramic or glass gratin dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom with 1/4 cup of the panko.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat until warm. Cook leeks and prosciutto 4-6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. (Add a little water if leeks start to scorch).
- Combine rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl. Arrange half of the squash slices in baking dish; sprinkle with half of the rosemary mixture. Spread leek mixture over squash; top with remaining squash. Gently pour broth over squash; sprinkle with remaining rosemary mixture. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until squash is almost tender. (Gratin can be prepared to this point 1 day ahead. Cool slightly; refrigerate. Bake, covered, at 400 for 15 minutes before continuing with recipe). Sprinkle gratin with cheese. Combine remaining 1/4 cup panko and butter; sprinkle over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender and top is golden brown.
- Tips: Deli ham or salami can be substituted.