A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups frozen hash browns shredded or cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained *see note
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 slices sharp cheddar
- chopped cilantro optional
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling while you cook. As its cooking, season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- When meat is no longer pink, add the hash browns and cook until thawed and tender, stirring as you cook.
- Add the water and tomatoes, undrained. Increase heat to high until the mixture boils, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10.
- Increase heat to medium/low. Pour the beaten eggs over the mixture, cooking, and lightly stirring. Allow to cook, checking and stirring occasionally until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Finally, lay the slices of cheese over the eggs and cover until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro (optional). Serve and enjoy!