- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder or country style pork ribs cut into 1-inch pieces (fat trimmed)
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ medium yellow onion cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled queso fresco for garnish
- Sliced ripe avocado for garnish
- Add oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, carefully add pork. Cook, turning occasionally, until meat is browned (it does not have to be cooked all the way through).
- To a crock pot, add potatoes, onion, garlic, tomatoes (with juice), Worcestershire sauce, and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Drain meat, and add to crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover crock pot and cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours on HIGH, or until meat it tender and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve warm topped with queso fresco and avocado, if desired, with warm corn or flour tortillas.