prep time 10 minutes cook time 20 minutes total time 30 minutes servings 6 calories 375 kcal
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 red or orange bell peppers sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can (14 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or basil, roughly chopped
- toasted coconut and steamed rice, for serving
SPICY LIME MANGO
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeńo or red Fresno pepper, seeded and chopped
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. 2. Add the chicken, green onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch each of salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix until just combined. Coat your hands with a bit of oil, and roll the meat into tablespoon-size balls (will make 15-20 meatballs) placing them on the prepared baking sheet. The mix will be wet, but it will firm up in the oven. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are crisp and cooked through. 3. Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, bell peppers, and ginger. Cook until the fragrant and the peppers softened, 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Stir in the curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. 5. In a small bowl, combine the mango, jalapeño, lime zest, and lime juice. 6. Serve the meatballs and sauce over bowls of rice topped with toasted coconut, spicy mango, and additional herbs.
To Freeze the Meatballs: Bake as directed, then freeze on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer for 2 hours. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or simmer in curry sauce over low heat for 20 minutes, until thawed.
To Freeze the Meatballs in the Sauce: Spoon the meatballs and curry sauce into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge, then warm on the stove until heated through, about 15 minutes.