242 Cal PREP TIME:15 mins COOK TIME:5 mins TOTAL TIME:20 mins
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or use gf soy sauce*
- 1 cup chicken broth*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced very thinly
- 2 cups zucchini, cut 1/4 inch thick half moons (from 1 large zucchini)
- sesame seeds and scallion for garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl add the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, mirin, sugar, and sesame oil and whisk until everything is completely dissolved.
- In a large skillet add one teaspoon canola oil on medium high heat and cook half the chicken until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat with the second half of the chicken and an additional teaspoon of oil. Remove the chicken to the plate.
- Add in the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30-45 seconds until very fragrant but not browned.
- Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the sauce, whisking well. Cook the sauce 1 minute, then add in the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes more, until thickened and the zucchini is tender crisp. Remove from heat, add in the chicken and stir well to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if desired.