PREP:10 MINS COOK:16 MINS TOTAL:26 MINS Cal: 166
- 1 heaping tablespoon light brown sugar FOR KETO: use brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (or chili powder) for an extra kick. OPTIONAL
- 4 large chicken breasts (7oz | 200g each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F | 220°C (standard ovens) or 390°F | 200°C (fan forced or convection ovens).
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each chicken breast to 0.8-inch | 2cm at the thickest part. Make sure your fillets are all the same thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Combine sugar, paprika, oregano, salt, powders and pepper(s).
- Line a baking pan with parchment (or baking) paper. Transfer chicken to the pan and toss chicken in the seasoning. Drizzle with the oil and rub seasoning all over to evenly coat.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F (75°C) using a meat thermometer. It should be golden with crisp edges.*
- For crispier chicken, change your oven setting to broil (or grill in Aus/UK) on high during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking until golden.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer chicken to serving plates and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- OPTIONAL STEP: While chicken is in the oven, melt butter in a small skillet. .
- To serve, drizzle pan juices over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.