Decrease Serving6Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 6 servingsIngredient Checklist
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento peppers
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2In a small bowl combine cheese and seasoning. Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly. Set remaining cheese mixture aside. Arrange coated chicken pieces in an 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Step 3In a small saucepan, saute green onion in butter/margarine until tender. Stir in flour, then add milk all at once. Simmer, stirring, until bubbly. Stir in drained spinach and pimiento and mix together. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and chicken juices run clear.