4 (about 2#) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
3 T dry sherry
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
2 T low sodium soy sauce
3 T hoisin sauce
1 T rice vinegar
2 tsp light brown sugar
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 c unsalted toasted cashews
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
- In a bowl combine the chicken, sherry, ginger, garlic and 2 tsp cornstarch
- Chill 30 minutes
- In another bowl, combine brother, soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, sugar and 2/1/2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside
- Saute 1 tsp oil and half the chicken in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and oil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in broth mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Add cashews and serve with green onions and re-pepper flakes garnished on top.