3 c shredded cooked chicken
1 small head Napa cabbage, thinly shredded about 6 c
1/2 small red cabbage, thinly shredded about 3 c
1 c matchstick, thinly julienned or finely shredded carrots
3 ox snow peas, ends thrimmed and julienned about 1 c
1 red bell pepper, julienned, then halved
1 or 2 (11oz each) cans mandarin oranges packed in water, drained
1/2 c craisins
2/3 c sliced almonds or chopped peanuts
1 1/2 c wonton strips or Chow Mein noodles
2 T sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
1 Asian pear, peeled and chopped
1/2 c rice vinegar
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
2 T Asian sweet chili sauce
1 1/2 T sesame oil
2 T sugar
1/2 – 1 tsp sriracha, optional
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 T peanut oil or canola oil
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar, with a tight fitting lid or a small bowl.
- Shake jar or whisk the dressing vigorously.
- Place chicken in a bowl.
- Remove 3 T of the dressing and add it to the chicken. Refrigerate the remaining dressing.
- Let the chicken marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients, except for the wonton strips/Chew Mein noddles, to the chicken.
- Remove the dressing from the refrigerator and shake/whisk.
- Pour dressing over chicken vegetable mixture and toss.
- Top with wonton strips/Chow Mein noodles for serving.