YIELDS:6 SERVINGS PREP : 10 MINS TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 20 MINS
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt/Freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
3 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 c. cornstarch
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
Marinara, for dipping (use sugar free if you’re Keto!)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drizzle cut sides of spaghetti squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side-down on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Using a fork, break up squash strands. Using cheesecloth or a dish towel, wring excess moisture out of spaghetti squash. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Transfer spaghetti squash to a large bowl with eggs, garlic, oregano, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and cornstarch and season with salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray. Transfer “dough” to baking sheet and pat into a crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes, and parsley and bake until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes more. Slice and serve with marinara.