NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!!!! TRIPLE THIS RECIPE
prep 25 min cook 10 min chill time 2hr yield 3c (24 cupcakes, 1 6” triple cake 1 8” cake)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened but still cool
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened but still cool
- Place the sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in a small pot and whisk to combine.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring often, until thickened.
- Pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, and into a heat-safe container.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place the cooled mixture in a large mixing bowl, along with the lemon juice and vanilla, and whip on medium-high speed.
- Whip in the cream cheese, a tablespoon at a time, allowing each addition to fully incorporate before adding the next.
- Whip in the butter, a tablespoon at a time, allowing each addition to fully incorporate before adding the next.
- Turn the mixer up to high speed, and continue to whip until very fluffy.