Oven: 375 F PREP:10 minutes COOK:45 minutes SERVINGS: 4 servings Cal: 519
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cut out a wide pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with roasted red peppers, 1 slice of cheese, and spinach.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side, but don’t cook through. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Place all 4 breasts in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken and serve.