A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2 In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Step 3 In a 9×13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.
- Step 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly. This took almost one hour for me