A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups hot water
- 1 ½ teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped pimento
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add drained mushrooms and bell pepper and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in flour, salt, and black pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in milk, water, bouillon, and reserved mushroom liquid. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and pimento and heat through.