A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally for a total of 6 chicken breasts (about 1 ½ pounds chicken)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup (116 g) mayonnaise, room temperature
- 1 cup (100 g) parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish or sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Season the chicken breasts evenly on all sides with the seasoning mixture. Place them into the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ½ cup of parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the top of each chicken breast that has been sliced in half.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of the remaining parmesan cheese over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F and the cheese is hot and bubbling.