- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream plus more for serving
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken base (paste type bullion)
- 2T taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces colby jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Fresh Cilantro, optional garnish
- Salsa for serving
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, chicken base, taco seasoning and salt to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chicken.
- Spread half of the crushed Doritos over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with half of cheese.
- Drop spoonfuls of chicken mixture over the cheese and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chicken mixture and top with remaining Doritos.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake 10- 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream and salsa.
More Topping ideas: Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, sliced green onions, sliced black olives.
Cream Soup: The filling can be made with a can of cream of chicken soup in place of the heavy cream, sour cream and chicken base.
Cheese: Monterey Jack, cheddar or pepper jack are great options.
Storage: Store leftover casserole in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat: Place casserole in an oven safe dish covered with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 12- 15 minutes or until heated through or heat in a non stick skillet over medium heat, stirring until heated through.