- 2 pounds breakfast sausage 1 regular and 1 HOT work well-Jimmy Dean’s
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cans around 20 ounces Rotel-like tomatoes with juice
- Juice of 1-2 limes optional
- Spray a slow-cooker with nonstick spray and set the temperature to LOW.
- Add the tomatoes, their juices, cream cheese and lime juice (if using) to the slow-cooker. Mix well and place the lid on top.
- In a large skillet, set over medium heat, cook the sausage until browned. Drain the sausage and add it to the cheese/tomato mixture; mix well and replace the lid.
- Heat until the cheese has melted, stirring every 15 minutes; about 1 hour. Once the cheese has melted, set the slow-cooker to warm and stir about every 30 minutes.
- Serve with Tostitos, your favorite crackers and/or your favorite sliced vegetables.
Leftovers can be cooled to room temperature, kept in an airtight container and refrigerated up to 5 days.
Add chiles for extra spiciness!
You can cook this dip on the stove top, make sure you use a large skillet with high sides.
Serve with crackers, chips or veggies.