Prep Time5 minutes Cook Time20 minutes Marinate1 hour
Total Time1 hour 25 minutes Servings6
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Few drops of Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 pounds chicken about 3/4 pound per person if using bone in chicken
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder optional
- 1 cup breadcrumbs soft and fresh
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Add the hot sauce to the buttermilk and stir to blend.
- Marinate the chicken in the buttermilk for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, honey, paprika, salt, and chipotle and brush over the chicken, coating it well.
- Place the chicken in the pan.
- Cover with the crumbs.
- Drizzle with the butter.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes (for boneless breasts, it make be longer for other cuts) or until the meat registers 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving. During this time the temperature will continue to rise to 165F.