A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the oil over medium in a large skillet and cook onion until softened.
- Add in the garlic, cumin and coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook until done.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour to make a roux, stir and cook until bubbly then whisk in chicken stock
- Bring to a boil, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add 1 Tbs cheese to each tortilla and divide cooked chicken evenly between tortillas.
- Roll each on up and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and the sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- If using, sprinkle cilantro over the top.
FAQs and Kylee’s notes
- Use pre-cooked shredded chicken in place of raw, you won’t need to cook it as long as if you were using raw.
- If you like things spicy, add some crushed red pepper flakes to the chicken when you add the cumin/coriander. Maybe a pinch of cayenne in the sauce.
- Add a can of black beans – boost the protein content!
- Add a little cheese to the sauce with the chilies. Because cheese is awesome.