A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the chicken breasts with drops of lemon juice and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a heavy, oven-proof casserole, about 10 inches in diameter until it is foaming.
- Stir in the minced shallots or green onion and saute a moment without browning.
- Then stir in the mushrooms and saute lightly for a minute or two without browning. Sprinkle with salt.
- Quickly roll the chicken in the butter mixture and lay a piece of buttered wax paper over them, cover casserole and place in hot oven.
- After 6 minutes, press top of chicken with your finger. If still soft, return to oven for a moment or two. When the meat is springy to the touch it is done.
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter (leave mushrooms in the pot) and cover while making the sauce (2 to 3 minutes).
- To make sauce, pour the stock and wine in the casserole with the cooking butter and mushrooms.
- Boil down quickly over high heat until liquid is syrupy.
- Stir in the cream and boil down again over high heat until cream has thickened slightly.
- Off heat, taste for seasoning, and add drops of lemon juice to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve immedia