- 16.3 oz can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups of shredded chicken I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup of mixed veggies
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (we found this too salty, so made homemade version)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat your oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut your biscuits into ⅛ pieces.
- Combine the biscuits, chicken, mixed veggies, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, thyme, salt and pepper and 1 cup of cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture into your pan and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till your biscuits have popped up and the cheese is bubbly.
Homemade Cream of Soup
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (I used 2 cans)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning mix (or on your own, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. parsley, etc)
- Combine the chicken broth and 1/2 cup of the milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings into the remaining 1 cup milk until a smooth, thick mixture forms.
- Pour the flour and milk mixture into the saucepan with the broth mixture over low heat and stir continuously, whisking as the mixture simmers. Continue to simmer and stir/whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick, 5-10 minutes. The mixture will thicken a bit as it cools.