- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 package onion soup mix or use homemade
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup condensed
- 1-2 c grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 package crushed Club crackers
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Add chicken breasts and season with pepper and onion soup mix. (no need to add salt, as the soup mixes and crackers add enough salt)
- Pour about 1/2 cup water around outside of chicken breasts, to create a bit of steam to help the baking of the breasts from not drying out
- Bake about 30 minutes, uncovered
- In a bowl mix together the remaining water, evaporated milk and canned soup mix.
- Stir together until blended
- Add in the cheddar cheese and rice. You may need to add in more water or evaporated milk to loosen up the mixture.
- After 30 minutes remove the pan of chicken from the oven
- Pour rice mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle over the crushed crackers
- Cover with foil and bake for another 30 min, until thermometer reads 165 degrees when placed into the chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven and let rest about 10-15 minutes
My casserole is always ready in 1hr 15 minutes however depending on your own variables, it can require up to an additional 25 minutes.