- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup lightly salted cashew halves
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE and add olive oil to the bottom of the bowl.
- Once heated, add chopped chicken and cook until golden on all sides, then turn Instant Pot to OFF.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, onions, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over your chicken.
- Add chopped bell pepper, broccoli, and cashew halves to the Instant Pot. Gently stir until everything is coated in the sauce.
- Replace lid and turn knob to SEALING. Press PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set timer for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, release the pressure (quick release).
- Remove chicken and vegetables from the Instant Pot. And turn the pot again to SAUTE.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in water to your pot and whisk gently until it begins to thicken.
- Serve Cashew Chicken over rice and topped with your thickened sauce.
Don’t have an instant pot? Here’s how to make our Cashew Chicken in the slow cooker!
Step 1: Chop your chicken into one inch pieces and add them to a lightly greased slow cooker.
Step 2: In a bowl Whisk together broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, onions, and minced garlic. Pour sauce over chicken.
Step 3: Add chopped vegetables and cashew halves to slow cooker and stir until everything is coated in sauce.
Step 4: Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.
Step 5: Serve over white rice. Add cornstarch to sauce to thicken if needed.