A journal of food, love and memories to my darling daughter
- ▢ 1.5 Pounds cooked chicken, shredded
- ▢ 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ▢ 1 Large onion, Diced
- 1 cup slice carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- ▢ 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced (3 Teaspoons)
- ▢ 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ▢ 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- ▢ 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ▢ 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup white wine
- ▢ 1 Cup long grain white rice
- ▢ 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- ▢ 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ▢ Parsley for serving, Optional
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to soften. Then add in the celery and carrots.
- Add in the rice and toast.
- Pour in the white wine and stir to combine.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan along with the Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes until chicken is golden on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 17-20 minutes, until rice is completely tender. Or place in 425 degree oven. Cover with foil.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan. Serve immediately topped with parsley if desired.