1 Red Onion, halved and sliced thin
Cups Lemon Juice (2 lemons)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Table Salt
1⁄4 cups Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 Aleppo Pepper
3 Anchovy Fillets, rinsed and minced
1⁄4 tsp Table Salt
Creamy Mustard Dressing
1⁄2 cups Mayonnaise
1⁄4 cups minced fresh Chives
1 cloves Garlic Clove, grated
1 1⁄2 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Celery Seeds
1 1⁄2 tsp Whole-Grain Mustard
3⁄4 tsp Table Salt
3⁄4 tsp Pepper
1 pounds Baby Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
1⁄2 cups Table Salt
1 cups Olive Oil for frying
1⁄3 cups Celery Leaves
1⁄3 cups fresh Parsley and/or Dill Leaves
1 tbsp Flake Sea Salt, to taste
- Pickled Onion
- Step 1 Combine onion, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in small bowl and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Aleppo-Anchovy Oil
- Step 1 Heat oil and Aleppo pepper in small saucepan over low heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add anchovy and cook, stirring and pressing, until anchovy breaks down and melts into oil, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in salt.
- Creamy Mustard Dressing
- Step 1 Whisk mayonnaise, chives, garlic, vinegar, Dijon mustard, celery seeds, whole-grain mustard, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until combined.
- Crispy Potatoes
- Step 1 Combine potatoes, table salt, and water to cover by 1 inch in large saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook at vigorous simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Cool for 5 minutes. Lightly flatten each potato with bottom of large measuring cup.
- Step 2 Line second rimmed baking sheet with triple layer of paper towels. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Fry potatoes in 2 to 3 batches until golden brown and crispy on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Adjust burner, if necessary, to maintain oil temperature between 325 and 350 degrees. Transfer potatoes to prepared sheet and season with sea salt.
- Step 3 Spoon dressing onto large platter and use back of spoon to make swooshes in dressing. Arrange potatoes over dressing. Drizzle potatoes with Aleppo-anchovy oil, allowing some oil to pool in swooshes of dressing. Drain pickled onion and arrange on platter. Sprinkle with celery leaves, parsley leaves, and sea salt. Serve.